"Island Time" Is Always Our TimeIt's not about the time zone! While we're several hours behind the mainland every day, "island time" is a way of life. If you come from a busy, bustling environment, it might take a while to get used to a slower pace. No one is in a hurry for much of anything in Kona—and we love it that way!
- Take a leisurely stroll on the beach.
- Relax on your porch to watch the sunset.
- Take a dip in the ocean or your pool.
- Enjoy some of the world's best coffee.
The Beach is In Your BackyardIsland life means never having to travel to get to the beach. We have plenty of beaches within walking distance or after a short drive. Remember, we're on an island! Nothing is very far from anything.
- Our beaches might be a little different if you're used to soft, white sand.
- As a volcanic island, our beaches consist of white sand that's might feel a bit more coarse between your toes than sand from other beaches.
- We also have black and crystal green sand, coral, and lava rocks, depending on your favorite beach.
Shop Big or SmallBeing on an island doesn't mean you have to live without the conveniences of the big city or the mainland! Purchasing your own slice of Big Island real estate is more about leaving a mentality and culture behind. We still offer plenty of "big box" shopping for your everyday needs. Those who live in Kona also value supporting our small, local businesses that make island life so vibrant!
Work (If You Must)Kona isn't a place only for retirees, although it's an excellent place to retire! You also don't have to be a beach lifeguard or a coffee roaster to work on the island—if you must.
- Social assistance
"Leisure" Isn't BoringDon't get the idea that living a life of leisure on the island means "boring!" When you experience island life in Kona, you'll find plenty to do. Besides lounging on the beach:
- Take a hike: Kona has plenty of nature walks, hiking trails, and parks to explore.
- Hop to another island: Kona is on Hawaii's biggest island, but we're only a short hop from the other islands. Visit other beaches, resorts, and visit Pearl Harbor without dealing with the jet leg of coming from the mainland.
- Enjoy golf any time: Golf is a year-round sport on the Big Island! We have plenty of beautiful courses with an ocean view for those who want to learn a new game or anyone who makes golf a regular part of island life.
- Get in the water: Don't stop at the beach. The ocean is full of adventure! Learn to snorkel, scuba dive, or surf. Our access to the water is just one reason why buying a Kona Coast home means buying a share of luxury.
- Eat: Island cuisine is almost worth the price of admission alone! We have plenty of chain restaurants, but the real gems that come with moving to Kona are the local mom-and-pop spots. When you become a local, eat where the locals eat!
You Can't Get Here Soon Enough!We're ready to hit the beach—how about you? If you feel like you can't get here soon enough, Hawaiian Dream Properties is standing by to get you here as quickly as we can! We're experts in Big Island real estate, and we've been helping happy homeowners since 2004 with moving to Kona. Finding the perfect home for you to enjoy what it's like to live in Kona, HI, is easier with the right realty team to guide you. Let's say, "Aloha!" soon!