What Is a Vacation House?
- A vacation house is your second home.
- You don't intend to rent it out as a short-term rental to other island vacationers.
- The house waits for you to visit and spend time in Kona on vacation.
- While you're back on the mainland, your home is buttoned up and secured.
- With an investment home, you plan to generate income by renting the house to tenants.
- When choosing your property in Kona, make sure to work with a local realty expert.
- They can guide you through Kona's zones and help you purchase the house as a vacation home—not an investment property.
What Is It Like to Own a Vacation Beach House?Now comes the fun stuff. What is it like to have a place to relax at any time you visit the Big Island? Buying a Kona coast home gives you the flexibility to spend as much time as you can enjoying island life as a vacation escape from your mainland hustle and bustle.
No Reservations!Your vacation home is ready when you are! Whether you plan to be here for a few months to escape the winter back home or you find a cheap flight for a last-minute Kona trip, your vacation home is ready when you are. There's no need to book a hotel. If you spend significant time here every year, you'll find it pays off to own a vacation home instead of dealing with the expense of resorts or hotels every time you visit. Why pay into a hotel when you could fund your own Hawaiian Dream?
Manage Your Comfort LevelVacations are wonderful, but sometimes you have to do without some of your favorite everyday comforts while you're away from home. If you have specific creature comforts that you enjoy at home, your vacation home can be your home away from home! Decorate to your taste and add the conveniences you can't live without! The Kona side of the island has plenty of luxury to offer.
It's Pet-Friendly!You don't have to board your dog for a week or month-long vacation to Kona. Bring your pup! If your pet is one of those "creature" comforts you need to relax, they'll feel right at home in your vacation home.
Space for EveryoneDon't cram everyone into a hotel room for your Hawaiian vacation! A vacation house gives you, your kids, friends, and additional family plenty of space to enjoy some time on the Kona side of the island. If you keep a car, you'll also have transportation around the island without paying for a rental car. These are just a few of the advantages of owning Big Island real estate, even if you don't plan on moving to Kona full time!
Make Sure the Party Ends When You LeaveIt's all fun and leisure while you're there, but what happens while you're away from your vacation house? You probably take measures to protect your mainland home while you vacation on the Big Island. When leaving your vacation home for a trip back to your "real" home, follow similar precautions to protect it. Plenty of things can go wrong at your vacation house while you're back in the real world. An inactive vacation home can encourage break-ins or vandalism. The house is also at risk for damage from weather or other issues that can go unnoticed until you return for your next vacation.
- Make sure you have the right insurance coverage: A typical homeowner's insurance policy doesn't cover a vacant home. Work with your insurance company to make sure you have "vacant home" coverage for a second house that you use for only a few weeks or months of the year.
- Consider a home watch service: If you aren't there to keep an eye on your property, a professional home watch service can do it for you. They're better than a neighbor tasked with watching your property, and they'll alert you at the first sign of an issue.
A Vacation Beach House in Hawaii Is a Dream Come True!Are you ready to make your dream come true? When buying a Kona coast home, choose the local experts who can help you find the right vacation property—and help keep it safe while you're away. Hawaiian Dream Properties is your one-stop, expert solution for Big Island real estate, home watch solutions, and property management. When you're ready to start your vacation house search, we're here to help make your Hawaiian Dream a reality!