We understand: It can be weird to put a stranger in charge of your Kona vacation home during the weeks or months you live elsewhere. You're probably more comfortable with a friend or neighbor that you trust stopping by once in a while to check on things.
Watching over your vacation property is more than doing a drive-by or stopping in once a week to water the landscape.
- Is a neighbor equipped to deal with an emergency at your house?
- What happens if your neighbor isn't available?
- How often is a friend able to stop by and walk your property to make sure windows and doors are still intact?
However, we understand that it can feel safer to have someone you know do what they can for your property while you're away. Trust us, we've heard the objections—and we have some answers that might bring you some peace of mind about a home watch service
"I Don't Want Strangers in My Vacation Home."
When you have a vacation property that you don't rent to tenants while you're away, it probably feels a little weird
to give a stranger control of your property. It's your
private property; it's a second home for you
. You need to know it's exactly as you left it when you come back for your next short-term stay.
We get that.
We don't want strangers in our homes, either!
Before you give us permission to be on your property and in your Kona home for our inspections, we meet with you.
- Our expert property managers get to know you and your property.
- We create an inspection plan to care for your property as if you were here caring for it yourself.
- Home watch experts act only with your permission.
- You're aware of everything that happens on your property while you're away.
Plus, we get to know each other while you're here. We won't be strangers in your home!
"Property Managers Want to Rent My Property While I'm Away!"
Yes, we are property managers. As your Hawaiian Dream Home Watch Professionals, our job is to watch your property—not rent it to other people on the sly. Your vacation home is your
home away from home. You want to protect it and make sure it feels like your home every
time you're there.
There's no need to worry that we'll rent your property without your permission, or push you into renting to tenants when you don't want to. You benefit from what we know about taking care of investment properties in Kona as professional property managers.
Home watch services protect your property from unwanted "guests,"
like intruders or other pests
. We keep people and unwanted guests out! We don't let them in.
"It's Too Expensive."
How much is your peace of mind worth to you? The price you'll pay for a break-in or wind and rain damage that goes undetected is far greater than the costs of a home watch service in Hawaii.
Home watch services can be customized to your needs.
Depending on the services that work best for you, you'll pay for only
what you need.
- Regular visits: Weekly? Every other week? Twice a week? We'll inspect your property as often as you prefer to fit your budget. However, anything less than twice a month isn't going to help keep your property safe.
- Items to check: When we walk the exterior of your property, we'll have a list of items to inspect. We'll do the same thing when we walk through the interior of your home. Use a standard list of common house-check items and add optional, customized services as needed.
- Optional Services: Some Kona vacation homeowners choose to have remodels or repairs made while they're back at home. We can be available to meet with vendors, monitor renovation work, and handle contractor payments and scheduling.
Your Big Island vacation home is a valuable asset! Keeping it in excellent condition while you're away means it's ready for you to unlock the door and relax when you return. With home watch help, you don't have to worry about the condition of your property—and you won't walk into a surprise disaster when you get here.
The Protection of a Professional Property Watch Service Is Priceless
We can't prevent disasters or all forms of damage to your property. However, we can
minimize the potential for break-ins and the progression of damage from bad to worse when we keep a close eye on your Kona vacation home.
Because Hawaiian Dream Home Watch Professionals are property managers, we know what to look for and how to respond when we inspect your property.
We're licensed, bonded, and insured. Plus, we're the only Hawaiian home watch company that is an accredited member of the International Home Watch Alliance.
In other words, we won't rent your home under the table while you're away! We work according to the high standards of professional licenses to make sure your home is just as you left it—or better—when you come back for your next vacation stay. Choose the professionals to keep an eye on your property! Contact us for a free estimate.